Materuni Waterfall and Coffee Plantation
The tour starts with a walk to Materuni Waterfall. It is an opportunity to see how local fruit like avocados, mangos, lemons, and bananas grow, as well as learn some of the local history, traditions, village economy, agricultural and cultural life. When you get to the waterfall, you can refresh yourself in the natural pool, so swimsuits will come in handy!
The tour will continue with a visit to the local village lying in the coffee plantations. The villagers will demonstrate the process of coffee farming and guide you through the preparation of coffee from a bean to a cup. Sing and dance along with the Chaga people as they are grinding, roasting and boiling the beans. When the coffee is ready, villagers will serve lunch - a national Chagga meal.
- Pick-up in your Hotel;
- Experienced English-speaking guide;
- New SUV (2016-2019) Land Cruiser 4x4 with the pop-up roof;
- Entry park fees;
- Long walking safari with a ranger (up to 4 hours);
- Soft drinks and bottled drinking water;
- Packed lunch;
- Binocular (1 piece in the car);
- The drop-off in your Hotel.
- Tips for the safari guide ($30-50 per day per car).